Speech Pathologist Supervisor
One Central Health is seeking a professional speech pathologist supervisor to lead our team of speech pathologists and work alongside our multidisciplinary team and consult with other health professionals including psychologists, occupational therapists, dieticians and therapy assistants.
We have Perth-based locations in Osborne Park, Ellenbrook and South Lake as well as regional offices in Kalgoorlie and Tom Price/Paraburdoo. This role is full-time basis and combines clinical supervision and maintaining a case load. The location of this role can be discussed and is available at any of our clinics.
It would be beneficial if the applicant has experience working with children with a wide range of presenting difficulties, including experience working with children with a disability.
To register an expression of interest in this exciting position, please send in your CV and a cover letter outlining:
• Your experience
• Your areas of interest
• Your past and present employment
• Why you would like the position
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing clinical supervision to the speech pathology team.
- Engagement with the supervision team including attendance at supervision meetings.
- Diagnosing, treating and preventing speech, language and swallowing disorders.
- Educating patients and family members about speech disorders and causes.
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals external to One Central Health as needed.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring treatment programs.
- Keeping detailed records relating to client conditions, care plans, therapies and progress.
- Maintaining a high-quality general standard of care for clients and their families.
- Keeping up to date with the latest findings and developments in the international field of speech pathology to ensure clients are always receiving the best standard of care possible.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated achievement or capability in the areas appropriate to the Position Description.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Have the ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Be comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Have the ability to assess client condition and work with treatment plans.
- Working with Children Check card.
- NDIS check.
- Current police clearance.
- Current driver’s license.
- Hold a current membership with Speech Pathology Australia.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in speech pathology.
About One Central Health
One Central Health provides a range of allied health and paediatric services to clients of all abilities and ages. We’re also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider and offer Plan Management and Support Coordination services to approved participants.
If you would like to apply to the above position, please do so using the form below with an accompanying cover letter and CV.