Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) – Clinician / Supervisor
One Central Health is seeking a professional and experienced Positive Behaviour Support therapist to lead our multidisciplinary allied health team and spearhead our ongoing implementation of a PBS services framework.
- Experience in PBS as a proficient, advanced or specialist practitioner
- Leadership experience in a similar position
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, including clinical report writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Lead, coordinate and supervise the PBS services and team across the organisation.
- Provide clinical supervision for therapists, report writing and other related tasks.
- Manage a PBS caseload and assess the general wellbeing and health of clients and their behaviour through conducting a variety of tests, one-on-one interviews and direct behavioural observations as deemed clinically relevant.
- Interpret clinical observations, reports and data to develop behaviour management plans within the available budget and resources.
- Train and support allied health staff in implementing behaviour management plans.
- Complete all reporting obligations in a timely manner.
- Work alongside other health professionals at One Central Health including paediatricians, speech pathologists, psychologists, occupational therapists, and therapy assistants, as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Network with other allied health and healthcare professionals to ensure client outcomes are achieved.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the clients’ goals within NDIS are addressed.
- Develop, implement, and monitor treatment programs.
- Maintain a high-quality general standard of client care.
- Keep up to date with the latest findings and developments in the international field of PBS to ensure clients are always receiving the best standard of care possible.
- Provide guidance and support in identifying, reporting and authorising the use of restrictive practices in line with the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission’s guidelines.
- Working with Children Check card
- Current police clearance
- Current driver’s license
- NDIS worker screening check
- Relevant industry body registration
About One Central Health
One Central Health provides a range of allied health and paediatric services to clients of all abilities and ages. We’re also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider and offer Plan Management and Support Coordination services to approved participants.