Occupational Therapist – South Lake
One Central Health is seeking a professional occupational therapist to work alongside our multidisciplinary team and consult with other health professionals including psychologists, speech pathologists, dieticians and positive behaviour support clinicians.
We have Perth-based locations in Balcatta, Ellenbrook and South Lake as well as regional offices in Kalgoorlie and Tom Price/Paraburdoo. We are currently seeking Occupational Therapists in either a full-time or part-time capacity at our South Lake clinic.
It would be beneficial if the applicant has experience working with children with a wide range of presenting difficulties, including experience working with children with a disability. Experience in autism and sensory needs will be highly favourable.
To register an expression of interest in this exciting position, please send in your CV and a cover letter outlining:
- Your experience
- Your areas of interest
- Your past and present employment
- Why you would like the position
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assessing clients’ emotional, psychological, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardised tests.
- Assessing clients’ functional potential in their environments, and recommending environmental adaptations to maximise their performance.
- Planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis.
- Providing advice to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients’ home, leisure, work and school environments
- Recommending adaptive equipment, to assist clients to overcome their functional limitation.
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals at One Central Health including paediatricians, psychologists, speech pathologists, and therapy assistants, as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals external to One Central Health as needed.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring treatment programs.
- Keeping detailed records relating to client conditions, care plans, therapies and progress.
- Maintaining a high-quality general standard of care for clients and their families.
- Keeping up to date with the latest findings and developments in the international field of occupational therapy to ensure clients are always receiving the best standard of care possible.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated achievement or capability in the areas appropriate to the Position Description.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have the ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Be comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Have the ability to assess client condition and work with treatment plans.
- Registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Children Check card
- Current police clearance
- Current driver’s license
About One Central Health
One Central Health provides a range of allied health and paediatric services to clients of all abilities and ages. We’re also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider and offer Plan Management and Support Coordination services to approved participants.
If you would like to apply to the above position, please do so using the form below with an accompanying cover letter and CV.