One Central Health is seeking a professional and experienced occupational therapist to work alongside our multidisciplinary allied health team and act as the clinical lead for our occupational therapists across WA. As a Clinical Supervisor, you will be providing management, structure, guidance, direction and purpose to your team, as well as having a caseload of clients.
This role is full-time and there are opportunities to work both in Perth metro and regional WA.
Experience working with children with a wide range of presenting difficulties, including experience working with children with a disability, experience in autism and sensory needs, and experience with Functional Capacity Assessments will be highly favourable.
To register an expression of interest in this exciting position, please send in your CV and a cover letter outlining:
- Your experience
- Your areas of interest
- Your past and present employment
- Why you would like the position
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Leading a diverse team of occupational therapists to ensure best practice therapy and services is provided to all of our clients, including via telehealth.
- Ensuring effective communication between the OT team and Executive Management, including adequate reporting and record keeping.
- Assessing clients’ emotional, psychological, developmental and physical capabilities using clinical observations and standardised tests
- Assessing clients’ functional potential in their environments, and recommending environmental adaptations to maximise their performance
- Planning and directing programs through the use of vocational, recreational, remedial, social and educational activities on an individual and group basis
- Providing advice to family members, carers, employers and teachers about adapting clients’ home, leisure, work and school environments
- Recommending adaptive equipment, to assist clients to overcome their functional limitation
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals at One Central Health including psychologists, speech pathologists, and therapy assistants, as part of the multidisciplinary team.
- Working alongside and consulting with other health professionals external to One Central Health as needed.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring treatment programs.
- Keeping detailed records relating to client conditions, care plans, therapies and progress.
- Maintaining a high-quality general standard of care for clients and their families.
- Keeping up to date with the latest findings and developments in the international field of occupational therapy to ensure clients are always receiving the best standard of care possible.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated achievement or capability in the areas appropriate to the Position Description.
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Have the ability to take care of clients with different personalities.
- Be comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Have the ability to assess client condition and work with treatment plans.
- Demonstrable supervision, leadership and management skills.
- Registration with AHPRA as an Occupational Therapist
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Working with Children Check card
- Current police clearance
- Current driver’s license
About One Central Health
One Central Health provides a range of allied health services to clients of all abilities and ages. We’re also a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider and offer Plan Management and Support Coordination services to approved participants.